UAE, Abu Dhabi – The opening round did not go Mohammad Abed’s way, yet a patient Abed managed to submit the Russian half way thru the second round.
Palestinian Mohammad Abed was originally set to face Egyptian Top Team’s Mohammad Hassan who was not allowed into the country because of immigration issues.
Talk about short notice? Dagestani fighter Muhamed Isaev took this fight just two hours before the start of the event to save the show. Isaev was actually at work in Sharjah today when he got the call. He took a half day off and came over to get weighed in and then made his way to the Arena. He comes in with a 1-0 record and (as is the default setting with most Dagestani’s) good wrestling!
This lightweight bout was the opening fight of Desert Force 13 which took place at the FGB Arena in Abu Dhabi. The fight was part of the Prelims and will be featured on MBC action.
Isaev gets off in the opening round to a strong start, but a rear naked choke from Abed just 10 seconds before the bell made it very close near the end there!
In the second round, Isaev worked some early spinning kicks and punches that did not deliver. After some patient buildup, the Palestinian overwhelms Isaev and pulls off a rear-naked choke submission victory!
Isaev probably set a new record and showed that he is a true, true fighter. However, the obviously more prepared new comer Abed found the way to his first professional MMA win.
Desert Force 13 Fights Recaps
- Ibrahim Sawi vs Abdullah Abou Hamdan, Ibrahim el Sawi, Round 1, via KO
- Georges Eid vs Mohammad Fakhreddine, Mohammad Fakhreddine, Round 2, via TKO
- Mohammad Yahya vs Ali Naemi, Mohammad Yahya, Round 3, via Stoppage
- Hossein Mollamahdi vs Mohammad Karaki, Mohammad Karaki, Round 1, via Submission
- Tarek Suleiman vs Mahmoud Salama, Tarek Suleiman , Round 2, via TKO
- Rami Aziz vs Elias Boudegzdame, Rami Aziz, via Unanimous Decision
- Amir Ismail vs Abdelali Yachou, Abdelali Yachou, Round 3, via TKO
- Silvester Saba vs Mohammad Triki, Mohammad Triki, via Unanimous Decision
- Mohammad Abed vs. Muhamed Isaev, Mohammad Abed, Round 2, via Submission