AMMAN, Jordan – Sanctioned by the Jordanian MMA and BJJ Federation, the “Middle East Grappling Cup” which was announced last week will take place on the 21st of February.
The cup will have two divisions: beginner and advanced. Requirements for the divisions are: less than 18 months of training for beginners and more than 18 months of training for advanced.
This event will be the first grappling tournament in the middle east to use rules similar to ADCC (Abu Dhabi Combat Club).
|Heavyweight||95+ Kg||95+ Kg|
|Light-heavyweight||95 Kg||95 Kg|
|Middleweight||85 Kg||85 Kg|
|Lightweight||75 Kg||75 Kg|
|Featherweight||65 Kg||65 Kg|
- No striking of any kind
- No eye gouging or fish hooking
- No grabbing the ears
- No hair pulling
- No finger or toe holds
- No thumbing
- No scratching and pinching
- No kicking
- No biting
- No touching groin area
- No hands, knees or elbows on face
- No slippery substances allowed on body or clothing
- No slams from guard
- 2 points for takedowns
- 2 points if opponent pulls guard or starts sitting
- 2 points for knee on the stomach
- 2 points for sweeps
- 2 points if opponent was warned for stalling 2 times in the same position
- 4 points for full mount
- 4 points for tacking the back (with 2 hooks in )
- Submission attempt (opponent escaped a submission attempt)
- Sweep failure
- Takedown attempt
- Opponent is stalling
Please contact the Jordanian MMA and BJJ Federation if you are interested in registering or learning more.