UFC 254 will witness the highly anticipated return of the takes place undefeated lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov (28-0 MMA, 12-0 UFC) after the tragic loss of his father and veteran coach Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov will face the interim champ, Justin Gaethje (22-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) in a title unification bout in the main event.
Both men hit championship weight, tipping the scale at 155 pounds for their lightweight title fight. The fight is emotional not only for Khabib Nurmagomedov but for a huge population of MMA fighters whose life was touched and influenced by the legend, Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. After the painful demise of the veteran, the MMA community is looking up to his son as the torchbearer of his father’s legacy.
UFC 254 will take place at the Flash Forum at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.
it’s not easy— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) September 3, 2020
believe me⚔️ pic.twitter.com/sygRCnnl2e
The full UFC 254 weigh-in results include:
- Champ Khabib Nurmagomedov (155) vs. interim champ Justin Gaethje (155) – for lightweight title
- Jared Cannonier (185) vs. Robert Whittaker (186)
- Walt Harris (254) vs. Alexander Volkov (265)
- Phil Hawes (186) vs. Jacob Malkoun (186)
- Lauren Murphy (126) vs. Liliya Shakirova (126)
- Magomed Ankalaev (205) vs. Ion Cutelaba (205.5)
- Stefan Struve (265) vs. Tai Tuivasa (265)
- Casey Kenney (140) vs. Nathaniel Wood (140)
- Alex Oliveira (173*) vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov (171)
- Sam Alvey (206) vs. Da Un Jung (206)
- Liana Jojua (126) vs. Miranda Maverick (126)
- Joel Alvarez (159.5**) vs. Alexander Yakovlev (155.5)
- Michael Chandler (155) – backup for Nurmagomedov vs. Gaethje
- Sergey Morozov (139.5) – backup for Kenney vs. Wood
- Isi Fitikefu (203.5) – backup for Ankalaev vs. Cutelaba
* Oliveira missed weight and will forfeit 20 percent of his fight purse to Rakhmonov
** Alvarez missed weight and will forfeit 30 percent of his fight purse to Yakovlev