Abdelkareem Rasheed is a successful Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt under Samy al Jamal and Tarik kalimat, he started his Jiu-jitsu journey when he was 14 as a part of Straight Edge fighter program.
Abdelkareem, who spends most of his time with his master Samy Al Jamal, has a very solid technical base and likes to study the game. During his studies, he spent a year in Germany helping in one of Equipe Fabricio schools (Fight Gym Nuremberg). After he finished school, his father suggested to send him to Brasil to widen up his knowledge. He spent six months at Equipe Fabricio in Rio de janiero, the leader of one of the most famous gyms in the legendary Copacabana of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Fabricio Martins is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu coral belt (7th degree) under Master Osvaldo Alves, who has helped Abdelkareem raise his game significantly. During his stay he was the unknown who is always on the podium showing a great Jiu Jitsu technique. Recently he came back from Abu Dhabi World Pro Championship. He is now looking to put his name within the best as he is planning to compete in the World Jiu Jitsu championship in California next month.
Jiu jitsu credentials:
- Jordan Cup 2004 (teen) – 1 Gold
- Jordan Cup 2006-2007 (juvenile) – 2 Silver
- Abu Dhabi Ramadan Cup 2011 (blue) – 1 Gold
- Sao Paulo Open 2013 (purple) – 1 Bronze
- Rio De Janeiro Cycolone Novo Leblon 2013 (purple) – 1 Bronze
- Panamericano Nitiroi 2013 (purple) – 1 Bronze
- Brasileiro Sem Kimono “Brazilian National” 2013 (purple) – 1 Bronze
- Alfabarra 2013 (Mixed belts; purple, brown and black) – 1 Silver
Abdullah Rasheed started training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at an early age alongside with his brother Abdelkareem. He is one of the Rasheeds that are overly committed to the sport. Abdullah is also the kids class instructor at The Source MMA.
Abdullah Rasheed, like his two brothers, trains under Coach Samy Al Jamal and Coach Tarek Kalimat. When he is not competing he teaches jiu-jitsu at the school where they grew up, The Source MMA.
He recently got his bronze medal in the Abu Dhabi World Pro Championship 2014 finishing all of his fights via submission.
Hussein Rasheed is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and a member of the Rasheed family. He is the youngest Jiu Jitsu Practitioner and Competitor of the Rasheeds.
He began his training under Samy Aljamal and Tarek Kalimat as a child in 2009. At the age of 16, Hussein received his blue belt from coach Samy Aljamal (4th Dan black belt) after Winning the World Pro 2013 Championship on the adults division although he was a juvenile!
Hussein is the youngest Jiu Jitsu player from Jordan to get placed in the World Pro Championship in the adults’ division. And now he is one of the most promising Jiu Jitsu competitors in the region.
Jiu jitsu credentials:
- 2014 World pro Jiu-Jitsu championship – 2nd place – Under 82kg
- 2013 Ramdan No-Gi cup Blue Belt -2nd Place-Under 70kg
- 2013 World Pro Championship White/Blue-2nd place- Under 71.5k
- 2013 World Pro Championship White – 1st place – Under 70kg
- 2013 Makhi Tournament (Local)White belt-1st place- Under 76 kg
- 2012 Emirates super cup Adults -1st place- under 76kg
- 2012 Emirates super cup Teen- 1st place Open weight
- 2012 Ramadan No-Gi cup Adult _ 3rd place-70kg
- 2012 World Pro Championship – 3rd place- 64kg