Las Vegas –Fans of the fastest growing sport in the world have another can’t-miss item to add to their UFC International Fight Week™ bucket list: the UFC Fan Expo® 2014. The two-day UFC Fan Expo is on Saturday, July 5 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday, July 6 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. PT at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Single and two-day event tickets are available at UFCFanExpo.com.
The UFC Fan Expo provides the ultimate fan experience with something for everyone! This interactive, family-friendly event affords fans the opportunity to interact with UFC stars past and present through training sessions, interactive Q&A’s, autograph signings, shopping, and more!
A complete list of activities and times are listed on UFCFanExpo.com. To help enhance your experience, we’ve compiled the “Top 10 Reasons to Attend the UFC Fan Expo”:
1) Train with a UFC Hall of Famer: The UFC Fan Expo will host training and development sessions with UFC legends Stephan Bonner, Forrest Griffin, Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell, Fitness Kickboxing Canada and MMA Draft Combine. The sessions are interactive and allow fans to meet their favorite fighters, learn their techniques and showcase their talent. World-renowned Jiu-Jitsu instructor Rener Grace will also host four special mastery seminars.
2) Come face-to-face with some of the greatest athletes in sports today: Fans will meet UFC title holders Demetrious Johnson (flyweight), TJ Dillashaw (bantamweight), Anthony Pettis (lightweight), Johny Hendricks (welterweight) and Cain Velasquez (heavyweight) at the UFC Fan Expo during photograph, autograph and Q&A sessions. Later, at UFC 175 on July 5 at Mandalay Bay Events Center, fans will witness middleweight champion Chris Weidman take on former light heavyweight titleholder Lyoto Machida in the main event, and women’s bantamweight champion and Hollywood superstar Ronda Rousey battling Alexis Davis in the co-headliner.
3) Take a photo inside the Octagon® with a championship belt: Fans will be able to experience what it feels like to be a champion as they step inside a full-sized Octagon and take a photo wearing an official championship belt.
4) An incredible lineup of talent and speakers: More than 50 UFC fighters, industry icons, Octagon Girls® and talent will participate in interactive Q&A sessions, sign autographs, take photos and meet fans.
5) Be a part of a live taping of UFC Tonight®: Live from the main stage at the UFC Fan Expo on Sun., July 6 will be a special edition of UFC Tonight, the official weekly news and information show of the UFC that airs on FOX Sports 1.
6) Nearly 2,000 athletes from 30 nations will compete in live amateur tournaments: Exceptional youth and adult wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu and grappling talent will be showcased during The Ultimates® tournament at the UFC Fan Expo. Additionally, the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) will present the first ever World Championship in amateur MMA. Team Lebanon will be the first and only Arab team taking part in the World Championship in amateur MMA.
7) Watch THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER® FINALE: TEAM EDGAR vs. TEAM PENN weigh-ins: The Ultimate Fighter Finale coaches and finalists will step on the scale on the main stage of the UFC Fan Expo for the official weigh-ins. The finale will take place on Sunday, July 6 at Mandalay Bay Events Center as coaches Frankie Edgar and B.J. Penn settle their score once and for all in the main event. Plus, four exciting finalists compete for a chance at a UFC contract. Along with UFC 175, this is the first-time ever that the UFC will host two huge fight cards in one weekend in the Fight Capital of the World, Las Vegas.
8) Enjoy main stage activities including Q&A sessions, special presentations, keynote addresses and more: Guest speakers will take the main stage at the UFC Fan Expo, including a keynote from UFC President Dana White. Other main stage events include award presentations, special partner announcements, exclusive first looks and, new this year, performances by Las Vegas show talent.
9) UFC Store will give fans a first look at new products, exclusive offers and contests: UFC Store will offer fans an exclusive first look at new UFC apparel, merchandise and featured collections including The Ultimate Fighter® season 20 and Latin America outfits. There will be interactive displays for fans to Tweet their favorite outfits, win prizes and fans will have their choice of limited-time-only, unique product exclusives, making the UFC Store display a must-see stop. In addition to UFC Store, nearly 100 vendors will be on the exhibit floor for fans to purchase and experience some of the best sports and lifestyle products on the market today.
10) Experience all things UFC: From UFC GYM® to UFC FIT®, fans will have the opportunity to experience and interact with all things UFC. Fans will be able to play the newly launched EA SPORTS UFC® videogame against fighters, get advice from UFC FIT Coach Mike Dolce, watch exclusive UFC FIGHT PASS™ videos, check out new features on the UFC Fan App, powered by MetroPCS, enjoy special Fight Club® member offers, purchase UFC merchandise, and more!