UAE, Abu Dhabi – Mohammad Fakhreddine emerged from this fight the winner against Georges Eid at his 77 KG welterweight debut.
This fight was the co-main event at Desert Force 13 which took place at FGB Arena in Abu Dhabi.
Georges Eid had taken the fight on 9 day notice and looked solid against Fakhreddine. Late in the second round, however, Fakhreddine mounted Eid and delivered a series of punches with the referee stopping the fight only one or two seconds before the round ended. Yet, the stoppage didn’t come without controversy.
To make things worse, Fakhreddine finished the round limping back to his corner. Eid and his corner protested inside the cage to the decision. Doubtlessly, Eid has huge heart and wanted to carry on with the fight no matter what.
Still, many had a legitimate argument claiming that Fakhreddine earned the win with a fair and correct stoppage from the referee because Eid was not really making a lot of movement or effort to protect himself. What do you guy’s think?
Desert Force 13 Fights Recaps
- Ibrahim Sawi vs Abdullah Abou Hamdan, Ibrahim el Sawi, Round 1, via KO
- Georges Eid vs Mohammad Fakhreddine, Mohammad Fakhreddine, Round 2, via TKO
- Mohammad Yahya vs Ali Naemi, Mohammad Yahya, Round 3, via Stoppage
- Hossein Mollamahdi vs Mohammad Karaki, Mohammad Karaki, Round 1, via Submission
- Tarek Suleiman vs Mahmoud Salama, Tarek Suleiman , Round 2, via TKO
- Rami Aziz vs Elias Boudegzdame, Rami Aziz, via Unanimous Decision
- Amir Ismail vs Abdelali Yachou, Abdelali Yachou, Round 3, via TKO
- Silvester Saba vs Mohammad Triki, Mohammad Triki, via Unanimous Decision
- Mohammad Abed vs. Muhamed Isaev, Mohammad Abed, Round 2, via Submission