On April 28th, 2017, Lebanon saw the Phoenix 2 weigh-ins which took place at the Country Lodge Hotel and Resort at 7pm local time. All fighters stripped down to the bare minimum and were weighed to precision. Who has hit or missed weight has added to the suspense of fights to come.
The main event faceoff was intense in its own way, with a living legend versus a true young and dangerous prospect showing who’s superior.
In the co-main staredown, the crowds went mad when hometown favorite Mohammad Ghorabi stepped on the scale. Ghorabi went on and said:
“My opponent thinks he can strike better than me and wants to show me the essense of Muay Thai. I will shock him with my striking, tomorrow we see who teaches who.”
ArabsMMA live on the scene had the opportunity to snap photos and interview several fighters as the emotional vibes are visible as fighters come face to face and rub noses. Check out the weigh-in results below:
- Saenchai 64.8Kg (THA) vs Azize Hlali (FRA) 65.2Kg
- Co-Main event: Mohamad Ghorabi 76.5Kg (LEB) vs David Willmott (ENG) 76kg
- Antonina Shevchenko (PER) 63.2Kg vs Isa Tidblad Keskikangas (SWE) 63.3Kg
- Musipon Pakorn (THA) 67.1Kg vs Morgan Adrar (FRA) 66.3kg
- Armen GriGoryan (AM) 70.2Kg vs Xie Wei (CN) 69.8Kg
- Ahmed Labban (LEB) 75.6Kg vs Ahmed Ibrahim (EGY) 76.7kg
- Ziad Sinno (LEB) 78.9Kg vs Mohanad Hussein (JOR) 78.5kg
- Kassem Daher (LEB) 82Kg vs Mohammad Salama (JOR) 82 kg
- Wendell Roche (NLD) 104.2kg vs Steven Banks (USA) 128.7Kg
- Jihad Mekdad (LEB) 107.2Kg vs TBA
Follow this link for non-stop updates as ArabsMMA accompanies Phoenix Championship all throughout fight week.