ONE Championship™ showcased world-class martial arts at its finest at the bustling capital of Thailand on Friday, 28 August, at ONE: A NEW BREED. Allycia Hellen Rodrigues from Brazil shocked the world champion, Stamp Fairtex of Thailand to be crowned as the new ONE Atomweight Muay Thai world champion. The highlights of the fight are available on the social media platforms of Arabs MMA.
Stamp started off strong by landing pinpoint combinations over Rodrigues. In the second round, Stamp continued to mount pressure on her opponent, catching Rodrigues with well-timed combinations. The momentum shifted slightly in a closely contested third round.
In the fourth and fifth rounds, Rodrigues pulled ahead of the contest, punishing Stamp with sharp knees and elbows in the clinch. With Stamp fading late, Rodrigues took control of the matchup. In the end, Rodrigues came away with a majority decision to be crowned the new ONE Atomweight Muay Thai World Champion.
In the co-main event, CH7 Muay Thai World Champion Rodlek PK.Saenchaimuaythaigym emerged the winner of the ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai Tournament over “Left Meteorite” Kulabdam Sor. Jor. Piek Uthai. Rodlek won the fight by unanimous decision. As the winner of the tournament, he will now move on to face ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Champion Nong-O Gaiyanghadao.
Top-ranked women’s atomweight contender Denice “The Menace” Zamboanga of the Philippines authored an exquisite first-round submission of Thai national judo champion Watsapinya “Dream Girl” Kaewkhong. Zamboanga took matters to the ground executing a textbook Americana to secure her win. In a ONE Super Series women’s strawweight Muay Thai contest, 2-time Thai national Muay Thai Champion Wondergirl Fairtex scored yet another impressive victory, stopping KC “Pinay Fight” Carlos of the United States and the Philippines within two rounds.
Drex “T-Rex” Zamboanga of the Philippines made a successful ONE Championship debut, defeating Thailand’s Detchadin “Detchpool” Sornsirisuphathin by submission in the second round. In a ONE Super Series Muay Thai contest, Kun Khmer World Champion Sok Thy of Cambodia inserted himself back in the winner’s column, scoring a beautiful body shot knockout of ONE Hero Series Muay Thai top prospect Huang Ding of China.
Max Stadium Muay Thai Champion Yodkaikaew “Y2K” Fairtex put together a masterful striking performance, defeating opponent Alex Schild of the United States by technical knockout.
ONE Championship will return with the previously recorded event, ONE: A NEW BREED II, from Bangkok, Thailand. In the main event, 4-time Muay Thai World Champion Pongsiri PK.Saenchaimuaythaigym of Thailand will face WBC Super Lightweight World Champion Sean “Clubber” Clancy of Ireland. Also making an appearance is PBA Thailand Champion Supergirl Jaroonsak Muaythai, who makes her ONE Super Series debut against Milagros Lopez of Argentina.
Official results for ONE: A NEW BREED
- ONE Atomweight Muay Thai World Championship: Allycia Hellen Rodrigues defeats Stamp Fairtex by Majority Decision (MD) after 5 rounds
- ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai Tournament Final: Rodlek PK.Saenchaimuaythaigym defeats Kulabdam Sor. Jor. Piek Uthai by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Mixed Martial Arts Atomweight: Denice Zamboanga defeats Watsapinya Kaewkhong by Submission (Americana) at 1:28 minutes of round 1
- Muay Thai Strawweight: Wondergirl Fairtex defeats KC Carlos by Technical Knockout (TKO) at 1:06 minutes of round 2
- Mixed Martial Arts Flyweight: Drex Zamboanga defeats Detchadin Sornsirisuphathin by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:58 minutes of round 2
- Muay Thai Flyweight: Sok Thy defeats Huang Ding by Knockout (KO) at 2:52 minutes of round 1
- Mixed Martial Arts Flyweight: Yodkaikaew Fairtex defeats Alex Schild by TKO (Strikes) at 1:21 minutes of round 3
Hari Bhagirath is the former Chief Creative Officer at BRAVE Combat Federation. Currently, he heads Strategic Relations and Financial Communication for a major Fortune 100 organization. He is also the co-founder of Totem Capital, a private wealth management initiative.