Aslambek Saidov defeats Roan Carneiro via unanimous decision in the main event
Luke Barnatt defeats Maxin Futin via TKO in the second round in the co-main event
Dubai, UAE, 24th February, 2018: Absolute Championship Berkut®, ACB81 in Dubai at The Dome, Dubai Sports City rose to the occasion and delivered a spectacular set of entertaining fights on Friday night. In the main event Aslambek Saidov from Poland defeated the Brazilian Roan Carneiro in a toe-to-toe battle, which brought the electric crowd to its feet. Saidov won via a unanimous decision improving his record to 22 wins and 5 losses.
Aslambek Saidov who is in line for a shot at the welterweight division said, “I want to thank all the fans that came out tonight to support us, the crowd was really amazing. Roan is a very tough opponent, I respected him before but I respect him more now, he is true champion. I look forward to the title shot for my next fight now”
In the co-main event, British Luke Barnatt defeated Maxim Futin via a TKO in the second round in a thrilling fight, after he made his permanent move to light heavyweight, improving his record to 14 wins and 5 losses.
“I am very happy to perform here in Dubai, I want to be a champion at ACB, that is my goal. My move to light-heavyweight has been great so far, this win shows that I am doing things right with my team and we are going to be the champion at light-heavyweight very soon”
“This was a very successful event hosted in Dubai, considering it was our first time here. It is really amazing to see how passionate the fight fans are here in Dubai. The sport of MMA and Jiu-Jitsu has grown in such a fast pace in the past few years in the Middle East, and we will definitely be growing our brand more here in the coming months” said Yaragi Gitayev, President of Absolute Championship Berkut®.
13. (Welterweight) Aslambek Saidov (Poland) defeats Roan “Jucao” Carneiro (Brazil) via unanimous decision
12. (Light Heavyweight) Luke “Bigslow” Barnatt (England) defeats Maxim Futin (Russia) via ТКО, 3:27, round 2
11. (Middleweight) Abdul-Rahman Dzhanaev (Russia) defeats Leandro “Batata” Silva (Brazil) via submission, 4:52, round 3
10. (Featherweight) Islam Isaev (Russia) defeats Thiago “Manchinha” Luis Bonifacio Silva (Brazil) via ТКО, 3:48, round 1
9. (Welterweight) Ramazan Kuramagomedov (Russia) defeats Georgi Valentinov (Bulgaria) via submission, 0:45, round 2
8. (Bantamweight) Francisco “De Assis” de Lima Maciel (Brazil) defeats Maharbek Karginov (Russia) via unanimous decision
7. (Flyweight) Arek Avagyan (Armenia) defeats Isaac Pimentel (Brazil) via ТКО, 3:19 round 2
6. (Lightweight) Josiel “Acougueiro / Sobrinho” Silva (Brazil) defeats Sam “Hurricane” Halliday (England) via ТКО, 4:48, round 1
5. (Bantamweight) Baz Mohammad Mubariz (Afghanistan) defeats Iain Feenan (Scotland) via unanimous decision
3. (Lightweight) Ahmed Wali Hotak (Afghanistan) defeats Vladislav Stepanov (Ukraine) via unanimous decision
2. (Featherweight) Khusein Sheikhaev (Russia) defeats Diego “Magrinho” Silva (Brazil) via ТКО, 2:42, round 3
1. (Featherweight) Shoaib Yousaf (England) defeats Kadir Dalkiran (Turkey) via unanimous decision