Cage Warriors 71 took place tonight, Friday August 22, at the King Hussein Youth City Boxing Arena in Amman, Jordan. The main event featured a middleweight title fight between Norwegian champion Jack Hermansson and Bulgarian Deyan Topalski.
Jack Hermansson (9-2) made quick work of Deyan Topalski (11-3), defending his middleweight title with a first round Technical Knock-Out. Jack managed to take the fight to the ground, landing a takedown midway through the first. Hermansson was able to take Topalski’s back and with his back sitting against the fence, he landed several short but powerful punches that led to Topalski being rocked. The fight was finished in back mount after a couple more punches led to the referee stepping in to halt the bout at 4:09 of the first round. Jack Hermansson remains undefeated in Cage Warriors, 6-0 in his career.
Jordanian Nawras Abzakh’s future looks bright and clear after proving successful his professional flyweight debut in his home country tonight against British Coner Hignett.
Also on this night’s Cage Warriors’ 71, Team Source’s Jarrah Al-Silawi, the first Jordanian to ever go pro on the Cage Warriors promotion, managed to secure an impressive Rear-Naked-Choke in the second round against British Ant Davies!
Full Cage Warriors 71 Results:
- CWFC Middleweight Title: Jack Hermansson def. Deyan Topalski via TKO (punches)–Round 1, 4:09
- Martin Svensson def. Dave Hill via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jonatan Westin def. Jack Mason via TKO (retirement)–Round 1, 1:33
- Pannie Kianzad def. Megan van Houtum via TKO (punches)–Round 3, 2:17
- Arnold Allen def. Gaetano Pirello via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-25)
- Lina Akhtar Lansberg def. Laura Howarth via TKO (retirement)–Round 1, 5:00
- Jarrah Al-Silawi def. Ant Davies via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:22
- Nawras Abzakh def. Coner Hignett via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)