In just less than a year, Bahrain’s Brave Combat Federation has brought to its fans a lifetime worth of legendary fights and events. For it’s 6th installment on April 29th, the promotion will be heading to Almaty City, Kazakhstan for first ever event in Central Asia, headlined by a lightweight showdown between Russia’s infamous Eldar Eldarov and Henrique “Rasputin” Gomes.
Eldar Eldarov made his Brave Combat Federation debut in September 2016, leaving with a dominant decision win over Kevin Koldobsky. Eldarov (8-1) is now on an 8 fight winning streak, with his only defeat coming in his MMA pro debut against countryman Khabib Nurmagomedov, currently dubbed as the best lightweight in the world.
His opponent, Henrique Gomes, has a professional record of 12 wins and 4 losses. “Rasputin”, as he’s also known, ironically in reference to a famous Russian psychic, is a jiu-jitsu specialist with 10 of his wins coming by the way of submission. Currently, the São Paulo-based athlete is on a three-win streak, all of them in 2016.
The co-main event of Brave 6: Kazakhstan will have one of the biggest stars of Central-Asian MMA, Habiti Tuerxunbieke. He faces Azerbaijan’s Fariz Ibadly in a lightweight showdown. The main card will also feature the return of Mohammed Fakhreddin, less than a month after his Brave debit. Fakhreddine will face another Brazilian, Leonardo Mafra in a not to be missed battle. Two other bouts involving Brave veterans and newcomers: Gadzhimusa Gaziev vs Erik Carlsson in the lightweight division and Will Fleury vs Ikram Aliskerov will follow.
Brazilian Julio Cesar Morceguinho is forced out of the Brave 6: Kazakhstan card due to illness. The Featherweight phenom has gone down with Dengue Fever and will not be able to fight Ukrainian Bahtiyar Arzumanov, Brave officials announced today. Arzumanov remains on the card, officials will announce Morceguinho’s replacement soon.
Check out the line-up below as announced on bravefights.com.
Fight Card for Brave 6:
- Lightweight: Henrique Rasputin (Brazil) x Eldar Eldarov (Russia)
- Lightweight: Habiti Tuerxunbieke (Kazakhstan/China) x Orkhan Mamedov (Azerbaijan)
- Welterweight: Leonardo Macarrão (Brazil) x Mohammad Fakhreddine (Lebanon)
- Flyweight: Zhuman Zhumabekov (Kazakhstan) x Anatoliy Kondratyev (Russia)
- Welterweight: Erik Carlsson (Sweden) x Gadzhimusa Gaziev (Russia)
- Women’s Flyweight: Mariya Agapova (Kazakhstan) x Yulia “Killer” Litvinceva (Russia)
- Middleweight: Rufad Asadov (Azerbaijan) x Ikram Aliskerov (Russia)
- Featherweight: TBA x Bahtiyar Arzumanov (Ukraine)
- Featherweight: Kuanysh Shyrynbekov (Kazakhstan) x Igor Zhirkov (Kazakhstan)
- Bantamweight: Teimur Zhaparov (Kazakhstan) x Amirchon Saidjalolov (Tajikistan)
- Flyweight (amateur): Berik Shinailiyev (Kazakhstan) x Rahimov Ulan (Kazakhstan)