Guram Kutateladze will make his UFC debut at the talent-rich lightweight division on 17 October 2020. Kutateladze (11-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC)) will step in on short notice to face Mateusz Gamrot (17-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.
Kutateladze who trains at The Allstars Training Center is on an 8-fight winning streak. In his last fight, he had destroyed UFC veteran Felipe Silva with a 44-second knockout at BRAVE CF 29. His training partner, Khamzat Chimaev launched his career at the UFC with one of the biggest impacts across lightweight to middleweight divisions.
His opponent, Gamrot is a KSW lightweight champion. Gamrot is unbeaten in his pro MMA career with five knockouts and four submissions among his 17 career victories. In his last outing in August, Gamrot defended his lightweight championship with a unanimous decision win against Marian Ziolkowski in the main event of KSW 54.
Kutateladze joins a wave of Georgian fighters such as Ilia Topuria, Giga Chikadze, Roman Dolidze, and Merab Dvalishvili who have signed with the UFC in the past couple of years.
Updated UFC Oct. 17 lineup
- Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Ante Delija vs. Ciryl Gane
- Modestas Bukauskas vs. Jimmy Crute
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Mark Striegl
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Jessica Andrade vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- David Zawada vs. opponent TBA
- Jun Yong Park vs. John Phillips
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Fares Ziam
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Maxim Grishin
- Poliana Botelho vs. Gillian Robertson
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Guram Kutateladze
- James Krause vs. Claudio Silva