After months of hard work across the globe, the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) was successful in delivering a five-day tournament with exceptional global standards.
On Saturday July 5, The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation in partnership with Las Vegas’ own Tuff-N-Uff closed its doors on the first-ever amateur Mixed Martial Arts World Championships which had kicked off on Monday, June 30 during UFC International Fight Week. Passionate athletes from 22 different countries including Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Lebanon, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States made the journey to Las Vegas to put themselves to the test.
The inaugural IMMAF world championships marked the first true Amateur World Championships highlighting the world’s best amateur MMA athletes in a top-notch atmosphere. Participating athletes showed remarkable talent and will definitely have a bright future in the international MMA scene.
IMMAF World Championship Finals Results
- 1- Jonas Troest def Filipe Catanho, via Arm Triangle Submission, Round 2
- 2- Lukasz Jan Siwiec def Stefan Duminica, via Rear Naked Choke Submission, Round 3
- 3- Carlos Hernandez def Kristian Lindstrom Skogmo, via Unanimous Decision
- 4- Jose Torres def Bohdan Holovatyi, via Unanimous Decision
- 5- Daniela Kortmann def Rachelle Abou Abdallah, via Arm Bar Submission, Round 1
- 6- Jari Illikainen def Joel Moya, via Triangle Choke Submission, Round 1
- 7- Jose Mariscal def Jimmie Jensen, via Arm Bar Submission, Round 1
- 8- Amanda Ribas def Gabriella Ringblom, via Unanimous Decision
- 9- Aleksi Nurminen def Josh Stacey McManus, via Guillotine Submission, Round 1
- 10- Mikkel Kasper def Gard Olve Sagen, via Triangle Choke Submission, Round 1
- 11- Sarah Jamilia def Aleksandra Milczarek, via Referee Stoppage, Round 1
- 12- Alessio Di Chirico def Eivind D. S. Kjonsvik, via Unanimous Decision
- 13- Wessel Mosterd def Nicolo Bonati, via TKO Referee Stoppage, Round 2
- 14- Amanda Lino def Jill Holmstrom, via KO, Round 1