A top lightweight bout has been added to UFC 169 fight card between Lebanese Canadian knockout artist John Makdessi (12-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and undefeated Brazilian prospect Alan Patrick (11-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC).
Coming of devastating knockout victories inside the Octagon, Tristar Gym product John Makdessi and X-Gym’s Alan Patrick are set to meet on Feb. 1 in Newark, N.J. UFC announced the match-up on Tuesday.
Makdessi (12-2) enters the bout riding a three-fight winning streak, including a first-round knockout victory of Renee Forte at UFC 165. In his previous bouts, Makdessi defeated Daron Cruickshank and Sam Stout via decision.
Patrick (11-0) is making his second start in the UFC. The Brazilian made his promotional debut at UFC Fight Night 29 in Brazil in early October, scoring a TKO stoppage victory over Garett Whiteley. He has finished six of his eleven wins overall and fights out of X-Gym, known for housing top fighters such as Ronaldo Souza and Erick Silva.
With the addition to the card, UFC 169 now includes:
- Champ Dominick Cruz vs. interim champ Renan Barao – bantamweight title unification bout
- Champ Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas – for featherweight title
- Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
- Chris Cariaso vs. Kyoji Horiguchi
- Nick Catone vs. Tom Watson
- John Makdessi vs. Alan Patrick